This is a full-time position.
Deadline: Thu Sep 30, 2021 (4 months from now)
At Juke, our mission is to help artists better monetize their talents. We are trusted by musicians of all kinds from local cover bands like Justin Staublin Band, to jam bands like Desmond Jones, to regional sensations like Kansas Bible Company.
We are a team from Notre Dame, Wonolo, Onnit, Stanford, Anheuser-Busch, and more. We are backed by leading investors in the midwest and silicon valley, including Tim Connors of PivotNorth, and Jeremy Burton of Platform Venture Studio. While we are headquartered in the midwest, our team spans the country.
Juke is the world’s first live concert jukebox. We hope to enrich the live music experience for the artist, the audience, and the venue by providing an intuitive and accessible channel of communication that allows for tailored performances.
We are looking for a City Manager for Nashville. This role has major potential to develop into a leadership role at Juke, but we also need someone with deep knowledge of and ties to the music scene in Nashville.
As the Nashville City Manager at Juke, you are the face of the company in the region. The perfect candidate will enjoy using the platform during their own gigs, resonate with the mission, and recruit venues and musicians to join the platform.
You will consider the approach to introducing and advocating for Juke to venues and artists. You will work closely with bands and venues to understand their performance challenges and needs, and engage using a consultative approach that positions you and Juke as their long-term partner.
You’ll work closely with the Juke CEO and the ambassadors (all of whom are themselves musicians) around the country.
- Introduce and recruit influential bands and artists to join Juke.
- Work with the Juke team to sign them up, activate, and cultivate their success.
- Understand our band and venue’s needs, concerns, and how Juke can help.
- Interface directly with the CEO, ambassadors, and investors. You’re the direct line to our customers and we’re going to need to hear from you often.
- Interface with our product team to make sure the customer voice is heard loud and clear when we are making development decisions.
- Be a recognized role model of Juke’s core values
What you should have:
- A love of live music
- Knowledge and connections within the Nashville music scene
- Team-player with a proven track record of excelling in fast-growing environments and taking initiative to the next level
- Strong leadership, priority management and emotional intelligence
- You love talking to customers and helping them solve problems.
- A passion for building trust and communicating effectively with a broad range of stakeholders: C-Suite, senior executives, business owners
- Motivated self-starter, with proven abilities to take ownership of difficult projects and see them through to successful completion
- Exceptional verbal communication skills
Market rate base + commission