We're sorry - this job is no longer available
This is a full-time position.
Deadline: Fri Dec 31, 2021 (26 days from now)
Platform Venture Studio helps founders from all backgrounds build companies which tackle the world’s biggest problems.
Platform’s founders are Jeremy Burton, a 15x serial entrepreneur, and Tim Connors, a venture investor who has funded 6 unicorns and created over $30B in market cap. Platform’s process encapsulates Jeremy’s and Tim’s combined 50+ years of experience in building successful startups.
The Design Team at Platform Venture Studio works across the org, championing a human-centered design practice and culture. As a user experience designer and researcher, you will have the opportunity to work across different industries, supporting both our core company design needs and those of our portfolio companies.
In this role, you will lead research efforts that will help fellow UXers, engineers, and business managers gain a deep understanding of user needs. As you partner with each new venture, you will help founders and CEOs minimize investment risks by quickly testing solutions and validating assumptions early using a variety of prototyping tools and user testing platforms. Your efforts will play a critical role in informing business and product decisions. This role reports to the Head of Design.
What You’ll Do:
- Plan and conduct qualitative or quantitative research, such as in-depth interviews, field studies, participatory workshops, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, and analysis
- Leverage research insights and communicate design solutions to inform product direction across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Design interfaces and interactions that are elegant, accessible, intuitive, and delightful
- Invent and prototype new interactions to create innovative but simple solutions to complex problems; run rapid user tests for all solutions
- Help define metrics and define solutions that improve our products & services
- Create storyboards, user need specifications, personas, use flow scenarios, user journeys, information architecture, flowcharts, wireframes, interactive mock-ups, design prototypes, and UX guidelines
Who You Are:
- You have a bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience (Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field)
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in a user experience role
- You have conducted user research studies in diverse populations demonstrated by a portfolio of designing and executing research studies, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- You have conducted traditional and rapid cycle evaluation of products (e.g. prototype testing, usability and user experience testing, and feasibility testing)
- You have a superior ability to write accurate, clear, and concise research reports in a timely manner
- You use modern wireframing and design tools (such as Figma, Framer, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc.) with ease and can independently adapt to tool changes as appropriate
- You love nerding out on analytics and data, and quantifying your designs
- You have excellent verbal communication and presentation skills (you are an engaging and persuasive storyteller)
- You have excellent collaboration skills and have collaborated with cross-functional teams in Agile, Lean UX, or lean start-up environments
- You are able to change elevations quickly (macro & micro)
- You have worked remotely and asynchronously, especially for a start-up
If you want to do meaningful work that makes a difference in people's lives, if you are naturally curious and inquisitive, if you love challenges, if you love learning by doing, if you value failures just as much as the wins, then you belong at Platform Venture Studio. We would love to see your design portfolio with case studies of projects you've worked on and the value that your work contributed to the business and customer experience.
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience and location
- Benefits - health, vision, dental, 401(k), insurance
- Participation in Platform Cohort SPVs (equivalent to venture fund carry)
- Flexibility to work from anywhere
- Flexible vacations
- An empathetic, supportive, and inclusive culture