This is a full-time position.
Platform is a Venture Studio. We create startups, and fund and support them until they are ready to spread their wings as independent businesses.
Platform was founded by 10x serial entrepreneur, Jeremy Burton (Wonolo, Fundly, Symbian) and seasoned venture investor, Tim Connors (founder/partner of PivotNorth, and former partner at Sequoia and USVP).
The primary advantages of working for a venture studio are variety and diversified risk. You will have the opportunity to work on multiple products and startups, and you are not playing the startup lottery, hoping that the one startup you join will be one of the < 1% to give employees a positive exit.
The foundation of Platform is our Tao (https://platformstud.io/tao/) – it describes our core beliefs and values, and the way we get things done.
The venture studio model involves continually evaluating new startup ideas. Once we identify a concept that has potential, we rapidly research and make a go/no-go decision on progressing to the next stage and investing further.
This is where you come in: as our Lead Engineer, you’ll be leading the development and rapid iteration of early-stage products.
Through this process, you will also be developing best practices, patterns, and even shared libraries, used across multiple products/companies - our ability to implement effectively and efficiently is vital to our model.
You'll also spend some of your time working on PlatformOS, our own software platform that allows us to build in the open, leverage our network, and guide our companies to success.
You will have:
- 5+ years of experience in both front-end and back-end web development (an uneven mix is ok)
- Front-end web development experience in React. React Native and Redux experience is helpful.
- Back-end web development experience in Node and/or Rails is also helpful.
- An ability to dial in the right level of quality vs speed, based on the needs of the situation, and be comfortable doing so. Non-core features in early-stage products might only need a “6 out of 10” where the core “wow moment” of a developed idea might need a “9 out of 10”.
- An enthusiastic, generalist approach, with an interest and ability in working on multiple products in succession. This is an opportunity to go broad and learn new technologies as needed.
- Experience working with continuous development, using kanban.
- Experience managing production deployment is helpful but not essential.
- Experience building effective working relationships with designers and product people.
- Comfort working remotely as the norm and the communication skills to make it work effectively. We are a remote-first company, with a remote-first culture.
- A desire to work in a small, agile, scrappy, and fun team.
- A strong sense that our Tao feels like it describes a culture that you’ll thrive in.
- A competitive salary, commensurate with your experience and location.
- Stock options in Platform Venture Studio
- The opportunity to receive additional stock options in companies that Platform spins-out
- If you are US-based, medical insurance and other benefits
- Flexibility to work from anywhere
- An empathetic, supportive, and inclusive culture