This is a full-time position.
Platform Founder Associates are an integral part of making Platform companies successful, and get to see up close what is involved in building a high-growth tech startup.
Platform companies are led by our “Founders-in-Residence” who become the CEO / Co-Founders of each company as it develops.
Founder Associates shadow and support our Founders-in-Residence as they try to balance the many competing needs of being a startup CEO / Co-Founder.
Founder Associates have the opportunity to contribute to all aspects of building a startup with typical activities including:
- customer and product research
- user/customer sourcing
- project planning and management
- product and company metrics, KPIs/OKRs
- managing user feedback
- product management / feature prioritization
Former Founder Associates have reported that there is no better way to see “up close and personal” what is involved in building a startup. The Founder Associate program is ideal for anyone interested in entrepreneurship; especially people who aspire to be Founders themselves one day.
Platform is open to Founder Associates from diverse backgrounds. Prior Founders Associates have typically been one of the following:
- undergraduate interns in their Junior or Senior year majoring in business, economics, finance, or related fields
- graduate student interns in business-related programs - e.g. MBA students
- recent graduates who wish to gain experience before becoming startup founders
Additionally, successful Founder Associates possess most or all of the following attributes:
- generalists, willing to roll up their sleeves and tackle varied challenges
- highly data-driven, analytical, and endlessly curious
- voracious readers, able to digest lots of information, quickly
- able to synthesize complex information into simple and actionable summaries
- expert online sleuths, masters of Google searches
- numerate and able to summarize data in Google Sheets
- comfortable talking to potential users and customers
- a strong bias to action, scrappiness, and ability to move quickly
Founder Associates compensation is commensurate with experience and typically involves a combination of hourly pay and equity.