We're sorry - this job is no longer available
This is a full-time position.
Platform Venture Studio helps founders from all backgrounds build companies which tackle the world’s biggest problems.
Platform’s founders are Jeremy Burton, a 15x serial entrepreneur, and Tim Connors, a venture investor who has funded 6 unicorns and created over $30B in market cap. Platform’s process encapsulates Jeremy’s and Tim’s combined 50+ years of experience in building successful startups.
Platform’s studio team provides shared services to Platform companies, including design, growth marketing, engineering, finance, talent, administration, and hands-on coaching.
As the first dedicated finance hire at Platform Venture Studio, you will have financial oversight across all of Platform’s entities and portfolio companies. As a key player, you will ensure that Platform builds startups in a capital-efficient and tax-optimized manner.
This role is an opportunity to learn and develop the financial models of multiple, growing startups, including B2C, B2B, and marketplace startups. You will also have the opportunity to coach and guide Platform Founders-in-Residence in finance and accounting principles.
- Provide financial controls and reporting for all Platform entities, including the venture studio, our SPVs, and incentive vehicles
- Serve as finance and accounting lead for all Platform companies, until they reach self-sufficiency
- Track and report per-company spending, including studio team member time and expenditures
- Manage payroll, bookkeeping, expenses, vendor payments, and receivables
- Outsource bookkeeping, as needed
- Manage audits of Platform entities, as needed
- Prepare financial statements and other analyses for Platform and Platform portfolio company quarterly board meetings
- Help Platform portfolio companies with financial modeling, as needed
- 5+ years of experience in a finance or accounting role
- 2+ years of experience in a finance or accounting role, in one or more early-stage startups
- Solid working knowledge of early stage startup metrics and terminology
- Audit experience, ideally with a “Big 4” firm
- Interest in working across multiple entities, companies, and business models
- Willingness to help teach / coach inexperienced founders in financial and accounting matters
- Market rate salary, commensurate with experience
- Benefits - health, vision, dental, 401(k), insurance
- Participation in Platform Cohort SPVs (equivalent to venture fund carry)